Raw Pumpkin Bread
This "bread" has a dense, snack-bar texture. The heaviness of the dates makes the consistency a little different than normal bread. If you remove the Daily Fiber Blend and add another 1/4 cup of coconut flour instead you can make this free of all 7 major allergens.
- 1 1/2 cup Organic sunflower seeds Tip: Split the recipe and use 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, and 3/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds. Using all salt would be too salty, but this balances it nicely. You can always just use roasted sunflower seeds and add about 1/4 tsp of unrefined salt instead. Make sure you use organic sunflower seeds, as glyphosate is used as a desiccant on regular sunflower seeds.
- 1/3 cup Organic dates Tip: Stuff dates into measuring cup.
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup Tip: If you like your treats sweet, add one more tbsp.
- 1/4 cup Organic coconut flour
- 1 Scoop Daily Fiber Blend Tip: If walnut allergy is a concern, substitute the Daily Fiber Blend with another 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- 4 Scoops MVP Sport Vanilla Protein
- Optional 5 servings Barley Green Juice or 5 servings Kamut Blend Tip: If you have children that won't eat green food this component can be skipped. The Barley Grass Juice is gluten free, the Kamut Blend has trace amounts of gluten.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp each of ginger, clove, all spice
- 16 oz Pumpkin puree
Place all ingredients except the pumpkin puree in a food processor and blend until it is broken up and fixed well. Then add the pumpkin. It can be done with everything in there at once, but then it takes a lot of starting and stopping to mix the ingredients so the food processor can get a good dough going. It can be formed into a loaf and cut or made into bite-size balls. Because it is sticky when it comes out of the food processor, I use wax paper to shape it and store it. Put it in the refrigerator to set.