Healthy Ginger Snap Bites
My oldest loves ginger snaps but they have to be gluten and dairy free. This recipe packs a huge nutritional wallop, does not need to be refrigerated, and is great for on the go snacks. Because of the ginger it’s also good for kids who get motion sickness when traveling. The consistency is like a soft-cookie.
These are like a cross between a Lara Bar and a soft Ginger Snap Cookie. It's a tasty way to get greens into your diet and maintain blood sugar because of the high protein and fiber content as well as the presence of cinnamon. Ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory and great for settling an upset tummy. Because it is raw, it maintains all the essential enzymes you need to digest it versus actually baking cookies.
Servings 12 Bites
- 2 cups Pitted Dates really pack them into the measuring cup
- 3-4 scoops MVP Vanilla Sport or other vanilla protein. Adding a fourth scoop makes them not as sweet and not as sticky.
- 2 scoops Original Power Shake click on it to see ingredients. If grains are a concern then this can be replaced with Barley Green Juice or Green Spectrum and Carrot Juice Plus.
- 1 scoop Original Daily Fiber Blend This is to thicken. You could use things like flax, chia, or psyllium in it's place, or skip this ingredient all together if allergies are a concern. Click on the link to see ingredients.
- 3/4 tsp Ginger powder or ground ginger if you like it a bit spicier, use a full teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Unrefined Sea Salt I used Himalayan Pink Salt