Creamy Asparagus and Cashew Soup
Fall and Winter are the perfect time to make soups that are not only filling but help you detox from all the holiday meals we splurge on.
Servings 4 servings
- ½ cup brown onion diced
- 2-3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 3 diced ribs of celery
- 4 diced carrots
- ½ cup sliced red and / or orange bell peppers
- 1 bulk asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 box organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain unsweetened nut milk almond or cashew milk will work
- 2 tbsp Tropic Oil plus 1 tsp for cashew mix
- 3 tbsp Barley Green Juice Organic
- 2 tbsp. Non-GMO Yeast Powder
- 2 ½ tsp Himalayan salt plus more to taste
- 1 ½ tsp pepper plus more to taste
Soak your cashews overnight or for at least one hour. Get a stock pot and place on a medium low flame. Add in 2 tbsp. Tropic Oil until fully melted. Sauté your onions until they are translucent about 2-3 minutes. Add in your chopped garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add in the celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add in your asparagus and sauté for another 10 minutes. Take off the heat while you prepare the creamy cashew sauce.
Drain your cashews. Place in blender with 1 tsp Tropic Oil and nut milk of your choice. Make sure the nut milk is plain unsweetened. Add in the Barley Green Juice, Organic and Yeast Powder. Finally, add in ½ tsp Himalayan salt and ¼ tsp pepper or more to taste. Blend until smooth.
Pour the vegetable broth into the pot with the vegetables. Blend together the sautéd vegetables and vegetable stock. An immersion blender is ideal but a regular blender will work as well. Place on stove on medium low heat. Add in the creamy cashew sauce and stir.
If you want to make this as a dip just double the cashew sauce and only do ¾ of the vegetable stock or until desired consistency.