On the December 4 Fierce Friday Million Mom Movement Council Members, Jodi Parker and Tas Ferreira shared how you can have happy taste buds but no guilt this holiday season
But let’s summarize:
Choose Organic Foods and Avoid Overly Processed Foods
Certified organic foods will never have chemical herbicides/pesticides and will never use GMO (genetically modified) ingredients. They will be grown in an environmentally responsible way. As you read labels and packaging avoid things like refined sugar, artificial dyes, and sweeteners, corn syrup, trans fat, etc. Starting with whole foods that you can find on the outer edges of the grocery store will always be your best best. If you want kids to eat their veggies—cut them up, use a healthy oil like coconut or olive or avocado oil, and roast them in the oven. A dash of sea salt and pretty much every vegetable you try will taste good!
Add Superfoods to Anything and Everything
Use the recipe section here on the MMM website. You’ll find everything from salad dressing made with Can’t Beet This to pancakes made with MVP Kids to desserts that use a variety of the Juice Bar in a Bag products. Read through the recipes to start the creative juices flowing and then mix, match, and experiment. When you find something that works, email us with the recipe. If we include it here on the website we will send you a FREE Apothe-Cherry!!
Upgrade Traditional Holiday Recipes with Higher Quality Ingredients
- Instead of butter use Tropic (coconut) oil or olive oil
- Instead of refined white sugar use dates, maple syrup, honey, or molasses
- Choose dark chocolate over milk chocolate—Throw extra cocoa powder into melted chocolate or MVP Kids for more protein and more anti-oxidants.
- If you can find them, use fresh over dried herbs—add freshly minced garlic over garlic powder. Use ground turmeric root or ginger root over their powdered equivalents. Use a fresh jalapeño over pepper flakes. Etc. The flavors will be more vibrant and the health benefits will be higher.
- Use Pumpkin pie spice on EVERYTHING! (okay, we’re exaggerating but that stuff is GOOD!)
- Chocolate hides everything—throw Juice Bar in a Bag products or MVP Kids or Epigenius Kids into anything chocolate. And if you want a hint of mint, use the Cocoa Mint Spirulina.
Get the kids involved!
When kids are part of the preparation they are much more likely to enjoy the food! Get them involved. Don’t be afraid to get messy—teaching kids to help clean up is a life skill!!
For more on the recipes from the Super Healthy Holidays Fierce Friday check out these links:
What We Believe about Vaccines
We at the Million Mom Movement believe in putting high quality food, superfood and products into our bodies and the bodies of our family. We believe...
From SAD to RAD: Lifestyle Change from the Standard American Diet to the Real American Diet
Everyone that grew up eating the Standard American (or Canadian) Diet knows that making the life decision to opt for organic foods and superfoods,...
What does conscious parenting mean? Conscious parenting means that you have a clear understanding that children are independent beings who can...
Family Nutrition Pack: Guide to Optimizing Food Choice
Learning to read labels on all your food will help your entire family experience better health. Here are some things to consider as you up-level...
Family Nutrition Pack Suggested Schedule
Follow this protocol when using the Purium Family Nutrition Pack. This is an ideal amount of product for a family of 4 for 15 days. Green Spectrum ...
Million Mom Movement Scholarship Update
We have made a big change to our Business Scholarship! Taking into consideration what we have learned from the last 18 months, the Million Mom...
One Mom’s Story of How Nutrition Supports Those with an Autism Diagnosis
With Autism rates continuing to sky-rocket and expected to reach 1 out of every 2 kids by 2032, strategies for families living with an autism...