Mexican Pinto Beans (Frijoles De La Olla)
Making a big pot of beans is so easy and an essential staple in many homes. You can make a big pot and use it in multiple recipes throughout the week.Print Pin
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pkg Organic dry pinto beans
- 6 cups Fresh water
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Jalapeños
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and clean your beans. Pick out any beans that are split in half or discolored. Make sure to watch for rocks and other debris. Once cleaned, place in a pot of fresh water overnight or use the quick soak method.
- Quick soak method: Place beans in water on stove and bring to a rapid boil for 4-5 minutes. Pull off of flame and strain the beans and rinse with water.
- Once beans have been soaked and rinsed place the beans in pot with 6 cups water. Add in onion, garlic and jalapeños. Cover and bring to a rapid boil for 2-3 minutes. Lower the flame to low and let the beans cook for 2-3 hours or until tender. Season with salt.
- Serve with some cilantro and avocado or your favorite salsa. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MillionMomMovement or tag #MillionMomMovement!
Join The Movement
Lock arms with a like minded community that is transforming access to pure food and higher living.
Receive support and inspiration from others who are succeeding on a similar journey.