Kabocha Squash & Carrot Juice Plus Soup
- 1 Whole organic Kabocha squash deseeded and quartered
- 4 cups Prepared vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Tropic Oil
- 1/2 Chopped organic onion
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Whole organic carrots cut in ½ inch pieces
- 3 Celery stalks cut in ½ inch pieces
- 3 tbsp Carrot Juice Plus
- 2 tsp Organic fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp Organic turmeric
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can Organic full fat coconut milk
- Heat oven to 350°. Place the Kabocha squash on a sheet pan. Rub the Kabocha squash with 1 tbsp Tropic Oil and salt and pepper. Place skin side up on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Cook until tender. Around 25-30 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the kabocha squash is cooking, heat a stock pot on medium heat and add in 1 tbsp Tropic Oil. Add in onion and cook just until translucent. Add in minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes just to release the flavors. Add in bay leaf.
- Pour in 4 cups of vegetable stock and a whole can of coconut milk. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then lower the flame to medium low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the squash from its skin and add it into the pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and with an immersion blender blend all ingredients until smooth. Sauté some kale with Tropic Oil and salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a little kick.
Join The Movement
Lock arms with a like minded community that is transforming access to pure food and higher living.
Receive support and inspiration from others who are succeeding on a similar journey.