- 2 Cups Mashed Organic Sweet Potato
- 2 Tbsp No Soy Non GMO Earth Balance or Purium Tropic Oil
- 1-1.5 Cups cooked brown rice sub quinoa with varied results
- 1 Cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup chopped green onion I have subbed every kind of onion
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 Finely chopped turmeric root arm optional
- ½ Cup pecan, walnut or almond meal can sub gf flour
Season to taste with:
- 2-3 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste We love Real Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
Prepare Black Beans: 1 cup cooked
- Black beans or black turtle beans rinsed and soaked overnight, rinse again and add water to cover beans by two inches.
- Cook until tender. Rinse again.
Prepare Sweet Potatoes: 2 cups mashed
- Soak in water and baking soda to clean. Rinse with hands under water to remove excess dirt.
- Cut in half longways. Place with the inside face down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @350 for 25-40 minutes.
- Remove when skin can be pierced with a fork easily. I often will have to take some off the baking sheet sooner than others.
- Scoop baked sweet potato out of the skin.
Prepare Rice: 1 cup cooked
- Preheat oven to 375-400 Degrees.
- In a bowl half mash beans for texture.
- Add sweet potatoes and mash together.
- Add rice, onion, garlic and turmeric and mix.
- Add seasoning, nut meal or flour, little bits at a time.
- Add more rice or quinoa, nut meal or flour if mixture is too wet.
- It should be moist but moldable.
- Using your half measure cup scoop mixture on to parchment lined baking sheet.
- You may have to use a large serving spoon if the mixture is wet and sticking to measuring cup.
- Press down on mixture to make a patty. 3.5- 4 inches in diameter and 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown then flip.
- Bake another 15-20 minutes until both sides are golden.
- If patties are mushy on the inside lower the heat and flip again.
- You may want to start with your oven at 375 degrees and flip more than once adding a few minutes at a time until desired texture is reached.
- Place on a gluten free, diary free bun of choice or a bed of lettuce and add your favorite toppings
Join The Movement
Lock arms with a like minded community that is transforming access to pure food and higher living.
Receive support and inspiration from others who are succeeding on a similar journey.