Creamy Asparagus and Cashew Soup
- ½ cup brown onion diced
- 2-3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 3 diced ribs of celery
- 4 diced carrots
- ½ cup sliced red and / or orange bell peppers
- 1 bulk asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 box organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain unsweetened nut milk almond or cashew milk will work
- 2 tbsp Tropic Oil plus 1 tsp for cashew mix
- 3 tbsp Barley Green Juice Organic
- 2 tbsp. Non-GMO Yeast Powder
- 2 ½ tsp Himalayan salt plus more to taste
- 1 ½ tsp pepper plus more to taste
- Soak your cashews overnight or for at least one hour. Get a stock pot and place on a medium low flame. Add in 2 tbsp. Tropic Oil until fully melted. Sauté your onions until they are translucent about 2-3 minutes. Add in your chopped garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add in the celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add in your asparagus and sauté for another 10 minutes. Take off the heat while you prepare the creamy cashew sauce.
- Drain your cashews. Place in blender with 1 tsp Tropic Oil and nut milk of your choice. Make sure the nut milk is plain unsweetened. Add in the Barley Green Juice, Organic and Yeast Powder. Finally, add in ½ tsp Himalayan salt and ¼ tsp pepper or more to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot with the vegetables. Blend together the sautéd vegetables and vegetable stock. An immersion blender is ideal but a regular blender will work as well. Place on stove on medium low heat. Add in the creamy cashew sauce and stir.
- If you want to make this as a dip just double the cashew sauce and only do ¾ of the vegetable stock or until desired consistency.
Join The Movement
Lock arms with a like minded community that is transforming access to pure food and higher living.
Receive support and inspiration from others who are succeeding on a similar journey.