Can’t Beet This Glazed Lentil Loaf
- 2 tbsp organic avocado oil olive oil is also fine
- ½ diced brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 whole carrots diced into
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tsp of Better Than Bouillon Organic Vegetable Base water is fine if you don’t have this
- 3 cups of water
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp flax egg
- 2 tbsp organic quick cook oats
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
Can’t Beet This Glaze
- 2 cup organic Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup organic Agave Nectar honey is a good substitute
- 2 tbsp Can’t Beet This
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Get a soup pot to medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot (around 3 minutes) add in the onion and saute until translucent (around 3- 5 minutes). Add in the rest of the veggies, garlic, salt and pepper, and saute for around 10 minutes. Once they are semi-soft you can add in the thyme and bay leaves.
- Rinse the lentils for around 10 seconds. Add into the soup pot with the vegetable bouillon and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the flame to medium-low and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Grab a mixing bowl and add in the oats, tomato paste, and flax egg (a mixture of ground flax and water). Strain excess broth from the lentils and set aside. You can make gravy with the broth and drink it like soup since it will taste amazing! Add in strained lentil into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all together. Make sure to mash the lentils as this will make it easier to create a loaf.
- Grease a loaf dish with organic oil and add in the mixture pushing it down until well shaped. Pop it in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes covered with foil. For the last 10 minutes remove the foil. Top it with your Can’t Beet This glaze and put it back into the oven at 425 for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with the extra glaze on the side.
Can’t Beet This Glaze
- Place a small pot on medium-low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and the agave nectar. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally until the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Be careful not to let it burn!
- Mix water and Can’t Beet This until it makes a paste. Add into the balsamic vinegar reduction once it cools.
- Serve room temperature. It can also be placed in the fridge as well. Use it on salads and as a dip for veggies.
Join The Movement
Lock arms with a like minded community that is transforming access to pure food and higher living.
Receive support and inspiration from others who are succeeding on a similar journey.